- Within a beautiful, warm and homely setting we offer our 4 year old funded kindergarten programs to the children within our communities. Our Kindergarten program is completely embedded into our long day care service and the beauty of this is that it is basically an added extra and the cost is totally included in your normal daily fees. It provides our families with an amazing school readiness program for the children whilst enabling the flexibility to our working and busy families. Our families can easily meet the 15 hours of kindergarten requirements whilst continuing to use our service between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm.
Our high quality program meets affordability
If you’re looking for a play-based + structured kindergarten program to support your child’s preparation for school, consider little stars.
- Little stars has higher National Quality Standard ratings for kindergarten program for early childhood education and care and follow the Reggio Emilia philosophy, it is an approach to teaching, learning and advocacy for children. In its most basic form, it is a way of observing what children know, are curious about and what challenges them. Teachers record these observations to reflect on developmentally appropriate ways to help children expand their academic and social potentials.
- We offer a Government approved Kindergarten Program taught by Degree–Qualified and passionate Teacher who is committed to supporting your child to develop a love of learning that will set them up for future learning as they transition into their school life.
- Programs are based on the National Quality Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
- Children get a tailored approach, based on their interests and individual ability and strength, inquiry base plan for each term and needs as they prepare for school and life
- provides a very exciting calendar of events including special days, educational visits, excursion, incursion concerts, graduation and much more
Transition to School (School Readiness)
- The School Readiness Program prepares your child to successfully make the important transition from 4 year old Kindergarten into Primary School. A smooth transition from Kindergarten to school lays the foundation for future positive learning experiences.
- We encompass a range of specific content rich experiences within our kindergarten curriculum that reflect the Early Years Learning Framework as well as the Australian School Curriculum. This has specific learning areas that enable children to become successful, confident and creative individuals and active and informed citizens. As well as the outcomes listed earlier these learning areas include; Language & Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Humanities, Arts, Technology, Health and Physical Education.
- The year before children transition to Primary School is crucial for so many reasons. It is important for children to start Kindergarten with the basic foundations for literacy and numeracy, including how to recognise their name and possibly even write it. To be able to possibly recognise numerals and count with meaning. We are confident that the children who participate in our Kindergarten Program will feel confident as they start their first year of school as social, confident, resilient, independent children. This includes being able to share, co-operate in a variety of situations, look after their belongings, negotiate with peers during conflict situations and concentrate on a task for long periods of time.
- Through a holistic approach to school readiness we believe the children will be more prepared for school as they will have had time to develop the life skills necessary to aid for a smooth transition into their Primary School journey. Through our Kindergarten Program, we support and help prepare the children for the next step in their educational achievements.